Skip to Main Content

The California Courts Judicial Branch website prepares you for going to small claims court, using instructions and guides to help you with your case against Sierra Corporate Management (or KSFG DBA). You can also get answers to frequently asked questions with the most common question from KSFG/SCM residents; How do I get a refund of my Security Deposit?

Before taking the Small Claims Court path, write to Sierra Corporate Management (or KSFG DBA). Attempt to work things out before going to court. Write a Demand Letter to Sierra Corporate Management (or KSFG DBA) asking them for a resolution to your request. Be sure to specify exact dates for everything and document the entire paper trail.

If there are legal references regarding your dispute with Sierra Corporate Management (or KSFG DBA), be sure to include those in your Demand Letter. For example, California Civil Code §798.39(b) which is the legal reference to Security Deposits for a mobile home. See the examples provided in the sidebar.

  1. Small Claims Court

    Review general information about small claims court and cases and figure out if small claims is right for your situation using helpful resources.

  2. Small Claims Advisors

    Click on your county to find your court's small claims advisor information. If you do not know your county, input your city or zip code in the Find Your Court box and you will get a link to your county's superior court, or return to this page and click on the county name.

  3. Basics

    Small claims court is a special court where disputes are resolved quickly and inexpensively. The rules are simple and informal. The person who sues is called the plaintiff. The person who is sued is called the defendant. You are not allowed to have a lawyer represent you at the hearing in small claims court. But you can talk to a lawyer before or after court.

  4. Research Your Case

    This section gives you information about some of the more common types of cases and the steps you should take as you prepare for your small claims case. Click on the topic that relates to your dispute e.g. Security Deposits:

  5. Forms

    All California courts use the same basic set of forms. But some courts have local forms, too. To see if you will need any special, local forms, contact your court clerk or check your court's website. The forms may be posted on their site. If not, the site will list the address and phone number of your local courthouse.

  6. Small Claims FAQs

    How much will a process server cost? What out-of-pocket costs can I get back from the debtor and how do I collect them? What happens to my security deposit if the rental property is sold while I still live there?

(a) If a homeowner or former homeowner of a park is the prevailing party in a civil action, including a small claims court action, against the management to enforce his or her rights under this chapter, the homeowner, in addition to damages afforded by law, may, in the discretion of the court, be awarded an amount not to exceed two thousand dollars ($2,000) for each willful violation of this chapter by the management.
California Civil Code §798.86

This program will help you write a demand letter asking your landlord to return a security deposit. This program asks questions and then prepares a letter for you to send to your landlord.
California Small Claims Court

Our Security Deposit Demand Letter examples below use the California Small Claims Court template above and are designed specifically for Sierra Corporate Management (or KS DBA) residents.

Letter 1 Letter 2 Letter 3

Instructions for Demand Letters 1 and 2: Send Demand Letter 1 to request a refund of your Security Deposit. If your refund is not received within 35 calendar days, send Demand Letter 2. If your refund is not received within 10 calendar days, file a Small Claims Action. Demand Letter 3 is for previous residents.

  1. California Courts – Judicial Branch – Self Help
  2. Information for the Small Claims Plantiff
    File Type: PDF, Pages: 2, Size: 52KB