D – MHP Glossary of Terms and Definitions
Mobile Home Park glossary of terms starting with the letter D, abbreviations, acronyms, initialisms, and definitions of each.
- The reverse process of Gentrification, such that a residential area (mobile home park) previously only affordable to affluent people becomes affordable to those who are poorer.
- A legal response that a tenant (mobile home owner) can file in an Unlawful Detainer Lawsuit to test the legal sufficiency of the charges made in the mobile home owner's complaint.
- HCD Dealers License (Mobile/Manufactured Home Dealer)
- Double Net Lease (NN Lease)
- A Commercial Real Estate Lease where the tenant is responsible for base rent plus a pro-rata share of property taxes and property insurance. The landlord covers expenses for structural repairs and common area maintenance. The tenant is responsible for their own janitorial and utility expenses.
- Double Wide
- Two separate sections assembled on site. Standard widths range from 20 to 32 feet. Standard lengths range from 42 to 80 feet.
- Duress exists where a person is coerced by the wrongful conduct or threat of another to enter into a contract under circumstances that deprive the individual of his or her volition.