P – MHP Glossary of Terms and Definitions
Mobile Home Park glossary of terms starting with the letter P, abbreviations, acronyms, initialisms, and definitions of each.
- Park Model
- 14x40 feet or less and less than 400 square feet.
- Park Trailer
- A Park Trailer (classified as a Recreational Vehicle) is a trailer designed for human habitation for recreational or seasonal use only, that contains 400 square feet or less of gross floor area, excluding loft area space if that space meets the requirements of H&SC §§18009.3(b) and 18033 (may not exceed a width of 14 feet at the maximum horizontal projections), is built upon a single chassis, and may only be transported upon the public highways with a permit issued pursuant to CVC §35780 (a California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) permit).
- Personal Property
- Property that is movable e.g. autos, boats, and mobile/manufactured homes are examples of personal property. Loans on personal property are referred to as Chattel Loans.
- Pocket Listing
- A Pocket Listing is when a broker sells a property through private connections rather than entering it into a multiple listing system (MLS) or otherwise publicly advertising it.
- Preponderance of the Evidence
- The greater weight of the evidence required in a civil (non-criminal) lawsuit for the trier of fact (jury or judge without a jury) to decide in favor of one side or the other. This preponderance is based on the more convincing evidence and its probable truth or accuracy, and not on the amount of evidence.
- See Park Trailer
- Permit to Operate